This brave young hero is willing to combat the evil ways of the arachnid kingdom to rescue his loyal subjects. Sporting a helmet made from the finest of colanders, and equipped with his trusty battle-broom, he ventures to the depths of the catacombs of cellaria on a rescue mission that only the bravest of knights would dare to accept.
There’s just never enough time to do everything that you’d like to do, but I’m wrapping this one up. I’ve gotten to a point where I feel that I’ve come close to hitting my mark, and other activities are beckoning. All of the great feedback I’ve gotten has been a big impact on my ability to near my goals for this project. I hope you enjoy the end result(s)!
There’s still lots to do, and I’ve gotten some additional feedback from the DT community about grunging up the textures, so the list keeps on growing! However, I’ve got the wagon modeled and rigged for posing:
Posed & Tool Belt Alterations
Thanks, emangiga for making the great comments regarding the size of the tool belt! We’re posed up, and ready for battle! I have so much left to do that I think I’ll have to focus on some of the remaining aspects for now…
Rigged For Posing
I’ve learned a lot about the fickle nature of high polycounts combined with the artisan brush in Maya. I love painting weights…just love it, but the brush simply wouldn’t load on my rig (a bit long in the tooth, but usually does just fine). I had to go back to an earlier version of my ZBrush project where I hadn’t deleted my base level meshes. The only thing I really lost in the process were some blendshapes (layers) that I had created in ZBrush for facial rigging…unless there’s a way to transfer the layers of one ZPR’s subtools to a subtool in a different document, but I don’t think there is. If anyone knows of a way, I’d be happy to hear about it! Another valuable lesson learned…never delete the base subdivision level!
So, using my older file, I sent all my base subdivision level meshes back over to Maya (for weighting and posing), and that’s where I am now. I’ve also included a few shots of our Hero textured. Plenty more to do, so enough chit-chat for now. Hope you enjoy!
Clothes, Shoes, Helmet & Belt
Here’s an update on the hero. He’s got some clothes, shoes, a helmet and a utility (tool) belt. I’ve just returned to ZBrush from Maya to start sculpting and adding detail (and eventually start painting). I have plenty of props as well as the environment to make, so I’ll try to work quickly!
So far I’ve got a rough mesh of the head and body. Lots more to do as far as refining shape and adding detail, but it’s moving along!